Archive for the ‘Diagrams’ Category

Holistic concept models: an ROI blueprint

Sunday, November 30th, 2008

process    I read a post recently that illustrated how concept models are rarely used in the right way and are often  misunderstood. Are they really worth doing at all?

Now seems a good  time to expand on the tool that Dan Brown has popularised through his book Communicating Design. Not as simply a stand alone tool but one that can provide a blueprint for giving solid ROI on design, analytics and testing.

(more…)

Defining UX

Friday, November 14th, 2008

alphabet-of-design-classics  

I was asked what UX people did recently. I came up with the usual descriptions that you can read anywhere – we do interaction design, information architecture and usability. But that means little to most people and that’s a problem that has an impact in business.

Maybe we can look at this again in simplest terms. What are our aims? We strive to make digital products better to use, more enjoyable to experience and, at best, memorable.

(more…)

IA diagrams on Flickr

Tuesday, July 1st, 2008
flickrbutton The diagrams that have appeared on this site are now in a Flickr set here.The set will grow, but I hope to use it as a basis to help educate/enlighten clients in what IA is and what it can offer them.